*We Are Enrolling!
Shepherd’s Hill Academy is a national CARF-Accredited residential therapeutic nature-based program for teens, aged 12 to 17. Founded in 2001, Shepherd’s Hill Academy sits upon a sprawling oasis that covers over 200 acres with 24/7 care within a device-free environment. The organization, which features a fully accredited academy, offers teens a robust healing experience that includes equine therapy, group therapy, one-on-one therapy, hands-on agricultural experiences, once-a-month field trips, Christ-centered weekly chapel, and more.
SHA Serves teens with
Substance, Behavioral & Digital Addiction
High Functioning ASD
Anxiety, Depression, Self-Harm, Suicidal Ideations
Family Relationship Issues
* Master’s level therapists & clinical director serve teens through weekly individual therapy, group therapy, equine therapy, & family sessions.
* Therapists are trained in the areas of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Mindfulness, Addiction Therapy, Trauma Therapy, Yoga Faith-Therapy, Aspects of Art Therapy, components of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) & other treatment modalities.
* Onsite fully accredited academy includes principal, teachers & classroom-based instruction
* Student to staff ratio of 5:1
Nature-Based Experiential Living Component
* Students live in an unplugged adventure setting, a 10-20 minute walk from the main campus for the duration of their stay.
* Students help construct & maintain their fixed cabin structures, prepare & cook meals, & engage in other team building & group activities.
SHA is licensed by the state of Georgia as an Outdoor Childcare Provider (OCCP) & academically by the GA Accrediting Commission.
EDUCATION, THERAPY, SCHOOL